Hospital case manager conferences happen throughout the year. Some of the biggest include the American Case Management Association National Conference, the many ACMA chapter conferences around the country, and the Case Management Society of America Annual Conference and Expo
Representatives of Flying Angels will attend all conferences listed below. In many cases, this will be the fourth year in a row representatives from Flying Angels have attended these conferences. They look forward to seeing old friends again!
Each conference offers important insights for hospital case managers and healthcare professionals, including information on new tools and techniques, a chance to hear from leaders in the industry and an opportunity to network with peers.
The following are some of the biggest hospital case manager conferences for 2020.
American Case Management Association National Conference
April 6-9, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place , Chicago, Illinois
The American Case Management Association National Conference brings together 1,500 case managers, transition of care and other healthcare workers from across the country for the chance to learn from peers. According to the ACMA National Conference, recent trends in case management discussed at the conference will include:
- Collaboration and interdisciplinary teams
- Utilization management
- Social determinants of health
- Value-based care
- Research and innovation
- Patient-centric care and engagement
In addition to case managers and transition of care workers, many other healthcare workers can benefit from attending these conferences. They include nurses, social workers, physician advisors, physicians, nurse practitioners and students.
Many ACMA chapters across the country will also hold case management and transition of care conferences in 2020. They include the following.
- ACMA Arizona Chapter, Feb. 21, Doubletree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- ACMA Ohio Chapter, March 4, Hyatt Regency Columbus, Columbus, Ohio
- ACMA Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter, March 7, Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- ACMA Southern California Chapter, March 7, Hyatt Orange County, Garden Grove, California
- ACMA South Carolina Chapter, March 12-13, Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia Greystone, Columbia, SC 29210
- ACMA Massachusetts Chapter, March 21, Boston Marriott Cambridge, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- ACMA Colorado Chapter, May 4, Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North, Denver, Colorado
- ACMA Minnesota Chapter, May 8, Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- ACMA New Jersey Chapter, June 6, Crowne Plaza Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey
- ACMA Northern California Chapter, July 2-3, The Meritage Resort and Spa, Napa, California
- ACMA Georgia Chapter, August 15. Crowne Plaza Atlanta SW – Peachtree City, GA
- ACMA Florida Chapter, August 27-28, Omni Orlando Resort, Championsgate, Florida
- ACMA Gateway Chapter, September 10, Double Tree by Hilton, St. Louis-Chesterfield, Missouri
- ACMA Maryland Chapter, September 12, Baltimore Marriott Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland
- ACMA New York Chapter, September 25, Long Island Marriott, Uniondale, New York
- ACMA Western Pennsylvania Chapter, October 3, Double Tree Pittsburgh Green Tree, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- ACMA Greater Houston Chapter, October 10, The Westin Houston, Houston, Texas
- ACMA Illinois Chapter, October 13, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, Illinois
- ACMA Connecticut Chapter, October 24, Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, Connecticut
Case Management Society of America Annual Conference and Expo
June 28 – July 2, Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Boston, Massachusetts
More than 1,500 are expected to attend this large annual conference that showcases professional seminars, speakers, events, product and services expositions and the chance to network – all aimed at case management professionals.
Topics include integrated case management, shared decision making, improvement of care with effective care coordination, and improving outcomes with data and technology. There is also a CMSA Chicago Chapter Conference on March 10 at the Drury Lane Theatre in Oak Brook Terrace, Illinois.